The Oasis Network (or ROSE) are the native tradable tokens of the Oasis Network. The current CoinMarketCap ranking is #154, with a market cap of $282,762,330 USD. It has a circulating supply of 1,500,000,000 ROSE coins and a max. supply of 10,000,000,000 ROSE coins.
The core developer of the Network is Oasis Labs, founded in 2018 by University of California at Berkeley professor Dawn Song. The development team raised $45 million from a16z cypto, Polychain Capital, and Binance Labs, among others, to support initial protocol development.
What does the coin stand for?
Oasis Network is a privacy-focused smart contract platform for open finance built using the Cosmos SDK. The project prioritizes applications and use-cases that promote data privacy and user confidentiality. It aims to achieve this goal by separating its consensus layer from its contract execution layer while providing a built-in interface connecting the two for privacy-preserving computation. The consensus layer acts as a hub that uses a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) mechanism to secure the network and reach a consensus on transaction validity. The execution layer consists of multiple, parallel runtimes (called ParaTimes) for specialized computation needs that each plug into the consensus layer.
Initial recognition, market growth
Oasis Network is a privacy-focused smart contract platform for open finance built using the Cosmos SDK. The project prioritizes applications and use-cases that promote data privacy and user confidentiality. Since Oasis uses the Cosmos SDK, it will eventually be able to connect to the broader ecosystem of Cosmos-enabled chains (called zones) once the IBC (Inter Blockchain Communication) Protocol launches.
Oasis differentiated itself by separating its consensus layer from its contract execution layer. These separate layers give Oasis the flexibility to support multiple, customizable runtimes (which it calls ParaTimes). This model is similar to how Avalanches features various subnets or how Polkadot secures and connects independent parachains.
Oasis’ privacy features create a new type of digital asset called ‘Tokenized Data’ that can enable users to take control of the data they generate and earn rewards for staking it with applications — creating an incentivized data economy. By supporting confidential smart contracts, data is kept private while being processed. This provides end-to-end data confidentiality on the blockchain, unlocking potential DeFi use-cases such as under-collateralized lending and prevention of front/back running.
Key figures, news, updates, fundamental events, news, community response
Current price and price predictions
What is the Oasis Network
Designed for the next generation of blockchain, the Oasis Network is the first privacy-enabled blockchain platform for open finance and a responsible data economy. Combined with its high throughput and secure architecture, the Oasis Network is able to power private, scalable DeFi, revolutionizing Open Finance and expanding it beyond traders and early adopters to a mass market. Its unique privacy features can not only redefine DeFi, but also create a new type of digital asset called Tokenized Data that can enable users to take control of the data they generate and earn rewards for staking it with applications — creating the first-ever responsible data economy.
Why the Oasis Network?
- Privacy-Enabled Blockchain: The Oasis Network claims to the world’s first scalable, privacy-enabled blockchain. ParaTimes on the Oasis Network can leverage confidential computing technology such as secure enclaves to keep data confidential — unlocking new use cases and applications for blockchain.
- Scalable, Private DeFi: The Oasis Network’s privacy-first design can expand DeFi beyond traders and early adopters — unlocking a new mainstream market. Plus its innovative scalability design brings fast speeds and high-throughput to DeFi transactions.
- Enables Data Tokenization: The Oasis Network can Tokenize Data, unlocking game-changing use cases for blockchain, and an ecosystem of apps and projects on the network — powering the next generation of privacy-first applications.
- Rapidly Growing Community: The Oasis Network has a thriving community of close to a thousand node operators, developers, enterprise partners, ambassadors, and nearly ten thousand community members engaged in global social channels.
- Top-Tier Team: The Oasis Team is made up of talent from around the world with backgrounds from Apple, Google, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, UC Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, Stanford, Harvard, and more — all committed to growing and expanding the impact of the Oasis Network.
- Separates consensus and execution into two layers — the Consensus Layer and The ParaTime Layer — for better scalability and increased versatility.
- Separation of consensus and execution allows multiple ParaTimes to process transactions in parallel, meaning complex workloads processed on one ParaTime won’t slow down faster, simpler transactions on another.
- The ParaTime Layer is decentralized, allowing anyone to develop and build their own ParaTime. Each ParaTime can be developed in isolation to meet the needs of a specific application, such as confidential compute, open or closed committees, and more.
- The network’s sophisticated discrepancy detection makes Oasis more efficient than sharding and parachains — requiring a smaller replication factor for the same level of security.
- The network has broad support for confidential computing technology. The Oasis Eth/WASI Runtime is an open source example of a confidential ParaTime that uses secure enclaves to keep data private while being processed.
Quick Token Facts
- Supply: The ROSE native token is a capped supply token. The circulating supply at launch will be approximately 1.5 billion tokens, and the total cap is fixed at 10 billion tokens.
- Token utility: The ROSE token will be used for transaction fees, staking, and delegation at the Consensus Layer.
- Staking rewards: ~2.3 billion tokens will be automatically paid out as staking rewards to stakers and delegators for securing the network over time.